Jay Czarkowski is an influential cannabis entrepreneur, investor, and advocate. A well-connected and respected industry insider, Jay and his team have helped build cannabis businesses in 29 states and internationally. As Founding Partner at Canna Advisors, Jay forges new avenues in the legal cannabis market with informed agility and strategic sophistication.
A foremost authority on real estate development and cultivation design, Jay has held a commercial general contractor license since 2002. Working on multiple cannabis design projects throughout the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, Jay focuses on highly automated, sustainable facilities with a niche in the greenhouse sector.
Known for applying proven business tactics to unchartered territory, Jay has created a diverse vendor network at Canna Advisors with high-profile partners and serves on the board of multiple cannabis businesses.
With a decade of regulatory experience as a consultant and award-winning operator, Jay has paved the way for innovative startups and technologies. He is dedicated to building the industry through successful and inclusive state programs, pairing grassroots advocacy with a global vision. In constant pursuit of new business horizons, Jay looks forward to shaping cannabis policy and growing the market internationally.
Jay is a Founding Member of the NCIA, a sustaining member of SSDP, and a Lifetime Member of the Arcview Investment Group. In 2016, he received the Arcview Group’s Outstanding Member award for his career service to the industry.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced real estate developer, electrical engineer, and licensed general contractor.
- Founder of one of the first medical cannabis dispensaries and cultivation facilities to receive a cannabis license in Colorado.
- On the Board of Trustees for the New Jersey Cannabis Industry Association.
- On the Advisory Board of New West Genetics.
- Channels his background into successful design, construction, and continual improvement of indoor and greenhouse cultivation facilities.
- Cannabis industry insider constantly following trends and searching for better technologies to bring to the cannabis industry.
- Founding member of the National Cannabis Industry Association
- Lifetime Investor Member of the ArcView Group