Jay Czarkowski is an influential cannabis entrepreneur, investor, and advocate. A well-connected and respected industry insider, Jay and his team have helped build cannabis industries in more than a dozen states. As Founding Partner at Canna Advisors, Jay forges new avenues in the legal cannabis market with informed agility and strategic sophistication.
A foremost authority on real estate development and cultivation design, Jay has held a commercial general contractor license since 2002. Working on multiple cannabis design projects throughout the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, Jay focuses on highly automated, sustainable facilities with a niche in the greenhouse sector.
Known for applying proven business tactics to unchartered territory, Jay has created a diverse vendor network at Canna Advisors with high-profile partners and serves on the board of multiple cannabis businesses.
With nearly a decade of regulatory experience as a consultant and award-winning operator, Jay has paved the way for innovative startups and technologies. He is dedicated to building the industry through successful and inclusive state programs, pairing grassroots advocacy with a global vision. In constant pursuit of new business horizons, Jay looks forward to shaping cannabis policy and growing the market internationally.
Jay is a Founding Member of the NCIA, a Lifetime Member of the Arcview Investment Group, and a sustaining member of SSDP and MPP. In 2016, he received the Arcview Group’s Outstanding Member award for his career service to the industry.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced real estate developer, electrical engineer, and licensed general contractor.
- Founder of one of the first medical cannabis dispensaries and cultivation facilities to receive a cannabis license in Colorado.
- On the Board of Directors for the New Jersey Cannabis Industry Association.
- On the Board of Directors for the Nevada Cannabis Industry Association.
- On the Advisory Board of New West Genetics.
- On the Advisory Board for Surna (OTCQB: SRNA).
- Channels his background into successful design, construction, and continual improvement of indoor and greenhouse cultivation facilities.
- Cannabis industry insider constantly following trends and searching for better technologies to bring to the cannabis industry.
- Founding member of the National Cannabis Industry Association
- Lifetime Investor member of the ArcView Group