Diane Czarkowski is one of the industry’s original cannabis entrepreneurs and Founding Partner at Canna Advisors. She has played an influential role in the cannabis market since its early stages, helping develop it into one of the fastest growing industries in the United States.
With decades of career success in high-tech and real estate, Diane’s business agility stems from working in industries that are rapidly growing and evolving. She was the founder of one of the first dispensary and cultivation facilities in Colorado, which earned a reputation as one of the most professional and patient-focused dispensaries in the state.
Since establishing Canna Advisors, the firm has earned one of the best track records in the industry. Applying tactical prowess and thoughtful precision to every project, Diane finds inspiration through advocacy efforts and unwavering dedication from her team. She attends NCIA Lobby Days in Washington, D.C., annually, and is a mentor for CanopyBoulder and the Arcview Group.
Diane has received multiple recognitions for her professional accomplishments and was a featured cannabis entrepreneur in the 2017 biographical collection, Breaking the Grass Ceiling: Women, Weed, & Business. One of her career highlights was being able to present this book to Senator Elizabeth Warren during one of her lobbying trips to Washington, D.C. Her strong devotion to family has given her the support and confidence to lead rather than follow, cultivating a cannabis community on a local and national scale.
Diane dedicates much of her time mentoring and investing in industry startups; particularly those owned by women. She is a Founding Benefactor of Women Grow and has mentored dozens of women entering the cannabis industry. She is also extremely proud that Canna Advisors was named a ‘Small but Mighty’ Champion of Change by the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce as a continued effort to promote a diverse workforce.
Diane is a strong believer in supporting the development of the industry. She is a Founding Member of and Ambassador to the National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA), a Lifetime Member of the Arcview Group (where she also serves on the Selection Committee), and a sustaining member of SSDP. In 2016, she was named one of the 50 Most Important Women in Cannabis by Cannabis Business Executive (CBE) and received Arcview’s Outstanding Member award. In 2017, she was once again named one of the Top 75 Women in Cannabis by CBE. She and her husband Jay were named a 2018 “Cannabis Industry Power Couple” by Cannabis Business Times, and in 2019, Diane was honored to be named one of CBE’s 2019 Power Women in Cannabis.
Skills & Experience
- Enterprising industry thought-leader recognized nationally for her roles as an entrepreneur, investor, and advocate
- Authority on best-of-industry practices and expert on mature and emerging cannabis markets
- Sought-after educational speaker at local, regional, and national conferences
- A decade of operations and consulting experience in cannabis
- Founder of one of the first medical cannabis dispensaries and cultivation facilities to receive a license in Colorado
- Founding Member and Ambassador to the National Cannabis Industry Association
- Founding Benefactor of Women Grow
- Selection Committee Member and Lifetime Investor at the Arcview Group
- Mentor for Canopy Boulder
- Background in high tech and real-estate development